In order to be eligible to take part in the Leadership Fellows program, you may not be a member of IWF Canada. Interested individuals should have demonstrated both leadership ability as well as interest and capacity for moving it to the next level, and enjoy the support of the organization where they work.
Criteria for application
Click here to download the 2017-18 Fellows Program Brochure (in PDF format).
The Leadership Foundation Fellows Program Selection Committee will choose Fellows using the following guidelines:
- Substantive professional/work experience and significant direct accomplishments.
- Superior intellectual ability, as evidenced by academic history and distinctions, recommendations, and essays.
- Current and potential leadership, indicated by professional, volunteer, and other activities, as well as through recommendations
- Strength of character, motivation, and commitment to goals.
- Intention to participate fully in all activities and programs of the Leadership Foundation Fellows Program during the Fellowship year, as well as a commitment to the Legacy component of the program.
- Fellows are not recent college graduates or even recent graduates of advanced degree programs. The optimal Fellows candidate will have achieved considerable success in her field, yet would benefit from this program.
- Expectation of at least 10 years of continuing professional leadership following the Fellowship. Candidates are judged, in part, on their ability to leverage and maximize the Fellowship over time.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND APPLICATION FORMS
Submit your application and 3 recommendation forms by June 1, 2017 to the Leadership Foundation headquarters.
Please send applications to 2120 L Street, NW, Suite 460, Washington, DC 20037. If you prefer to submit an electronic copy, please call +1 202-387-1010 to confirm which email address to send it to. Final decisions will be sent by email on August 3. Tuition is due upon acceptance into the program.
Click here to download the Application Form (in Word format)
Click here to download Recommendation Form 1 (in Word format). This recommendation is from the senior-most executive in your organization.
Click here to download Recommendation Form 2 (in Word format). This recommendation is from a professional peer outside your organization.
Click here to download Recommendation Form 3 (in Word format). This recommendation is from a peer in a volunteer or other organization. This may be a personal reference.
Program Tuition is $27,500 USD per Fellow and includes:
- One week of Orientation, specialized Fellows Program training and participation in the IWF World Leadership Conference drawing 850+ female executives from more than 40 nations.
- Two weeks of Customized & World Class Training at Harvard Business School and INSEAD
- Mentor Visits
- All Meals & Accommodations
- All Course Materials
- Transportation in not provided (ground and air travel)